We just pushed a new release (Build 61, r23447) to all users! This release introduces some exciting new features! As always, you can read the entire list of enhancements on our Change Log. Notable changes include:
- Brand New Look: We released a sleek new default skin called “Windows 7″ (by @Derek Erdmann). If your skin is set to anything besides the default, this will not override your preference. If you prefer the old look, go to Preferences > Skins and choose the “QuickSilver” skin.
- MySpace Newsfeed: In Build 60, we switched the Infobox over to a full blown web browser (WebKit). We said that the change would make the Infobox much more versatile and this is the first example of that. We are introducing a completely redesigned MySpace newsfeed which now includes a full Activities Stream, status updates, and the ability to browse through photos.
- Global Status: A new Global Status dialog makes it easy to set your status across social networks and IM accounts. You can access it from the status dropdown on the buddy list or by double clicking any social network. The Global Status dialog also has spell checking built in and makes it easy to share links (via digs.by) and pictures (via pic.im).
- URL Shortener: We are launching a URL shortener just for Digsby users under the domain http://digs.by. In the future you will be able to access a history of links you shared and statistics about how many times they were clicked.
- OneRiot: We partnered with OneRiot to make it easy for you to search the real-time web. Just hit “Ctrl + F” on the buddy list to search.
So what’s next? We are going to be making similar upgrades to Facebook and Twitter while also working on per-character formatting and group chat (which are both long overdue). After that, will work work on getting the Mac/Linux releases out the door. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimate on when they will launch but you know where they are on our priority list.
We will keep pushing to make Digsby even better and want to thank all of you for your continued feedback and support. We greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about Digsby.
If you experience any bugs in this release, please use “Help > Send Bug Report” in the main menu to submit a diagnostic log or email us.