We just pushed out a new update to alpha testers (Build 81, r27865 r27890 r27900 27903) which includes lots of bug fixes and enhancements along with the highly coveted group chat support! As always, you can read the entire list of enhancements on our Change Log. Notable changes include:
- Group Chat: The long awaited group chat support is finally here! You can create or join chat rooms on AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, Google Talk, and Jabber. Just click the room list button on the top right corner of the IM window and invite others to the chat. You can also create rooms via the menu: Digsby > New Group Chat.
- LinkedIn: We’re introducing a completely redesigned LinkedIn implementation powered by their new API. You can now do all the good stuff you already do with your other social networks like comment on posts, like/dislike items, etc.
- MySpace Like/Dislike: We added Like + Dislike support to MySpace newsfeed items. Since their API doesn’t currently support this capability, the link acts as a shortcut for posting a “Like!” or “Dislike!” comment on the thread.
If you experience any issues please use “Help > Send Bug Report” in the main menu to submit a diagnostic log or email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to become an alpha tester and get new releases before everyone else, download this file and place it in the main program folder. Keep in mind that as an alpha tester you may get a release with a few bugs every now and then. We are looking for people who are proactive in reporting these issues so we can fix them before builds go out to all users.
Update 1 (8/3/2010 5:00pm EST): We pushed out a small patch fixing all the bugs reported so far. The new build number is 27890. Please let us know if there are any remaining issues so we can push this out to all users. Fixes include:
- Fixed a bug that caused MSN IM sending to fail after a conversation idles out
- Fixed a bug that caused two group chat tabs to appear when you are invited by an AIM buddy you are already having a 1-on-1 chat with
- Fixed a unicode bug that had numerous bad side effects
- Fixed a small bug with Twitter Achievements
- Alphabetize room invite dropdown based on nickname instead of username
Update 2 (8/4/2010 6:15pm EST): One more update fixing issues reported in the last 24 hours. The release is starting to look pretty solid so we hope to push it to all users within the next day or two. Please let us know if any bugs remain. The new build number is 27900. Fixes include:
- Fixed a bug that caused some Yahoo group chat participants to not see messages from all other participants
- Fixed a bug that caused the room list to get really big when you maximize/restore the IM window
- Fixed a bug that caused MSN group chats to not show the room list when you first join them
- Google Talk group chats now show the nicknames of the participants
- Fixed a bug that caused the input box in popup notifications to use black font on black background
- Fixed a bug with handling errors from the Facebook servers when retrieving comments